In case you weren’t aware and didn’t latch onto this the first time we briefly previewed it here, Will Smith is back in an intriguing prospect titled Gemini Man. Intriguing in the sense that it presents a cool concept that involves 3D+ special effects to drive the entire plot of the movie. More on 3D+ a bit later, first checkout the awesome movie trailer below:
In this one, Henry Brogan (Will Smith) is an elite assassin who becomes the target of a mysterious operative who can seemingly predict his every move. To his horror, he soon learns that the man who’s trying to kill him is a younger, faster, cloned version of himself. It’s evident that this is heavily sci-fi driven and it’s always cool to see Big Willy back on the big screen (where we prefer him and less so in the music industry…). From an acting point of view, there’s literally nothing this guy can’t do and it would be hard to find any bad movie that has him in it, most if not all of his work is fantastic.
We mentioned 3D+ earlier, we received some cool and fun facts from Ster-Kinekor around that, check them out below:
- 3D+ is an evolutionary digital format with a frame rate of 60 frames per second – more than double the traditional movie frame rate – giving audiences an amplified, fully-immersive 3D experience.
- With 60 3D images projected every second, derived from a pristine 120 frames per second master, 3D+ renders images closer than ever before to what the human eye sees, putting the viewer right in the center of the action.
- More images mean more depth, allowing viewers to see and experience so much more in the frame.
- This elevated combination of performance and action sees 3D+ deliver the emotional journey and visual spectacle of a filmmaker’s vision exactly as they intended it.
- This evolution in visual storytelling gives audiences the most immersive cinematic experience that can currently be enjoyed in a theatre.
And just imagine all of that tech infused and seeing it on either D-Box and/or IMAX…magical. That’s exactly what we are going to do this weekend as Gemini Man is officially in Ster-Kinekor cinemas from today.
You might also like
More from Big Screen
Ster-Kinekor is the latest company to release an official statement in light of the Coronavirus pandemic and its implications. Don't …