The GSMA, a representative body for the interests of mobile operators worldwide, has today released its list of speakers for the annual Mobile 360 event due to take place in Cape Town between 7-9 October.
Mobile 360 Africa is one of five in the series which also takes place in Europe, Middle East, North America, Latin America and Asia with it fast becoming the premier event where all stakeholders, namely operators, regulators, policy makers, service providers and NGOs meet to exchange invaluable experiences, visions, solutions, innovations, for the benefit of the mobile industry in an enriching and enlightening manner.
. Speakers confirmed to present at Mobile 360-Africa include:
• Jon Fredrik Baksaas, President and CEO, Telenor Group and Chairman, GSMA
• Dawit Bekele, Regional Bureau Director – Africa, The Internet Society
• Dr. Vanu Bose, CEO, Vanu, Inc.
• Eric Chinje, CEO, African Media Initiative
• Sifiso Dabengwa, Executive Director, Group President and CEO, MTN Group
• Dr. Wang Jianzhou, Chairman, China Association for Public Companies and former Executive Chairman, China Mobile
• Adam Lane, Director of Sustainability Programs, Huawei
• Dr. Jimmy Shindi, CEO of Econet Services, Zimbabwe
• Ayo Stuffman, CEO, VAS2Nets
The GSMA also announced that MTN will again be the Platinum Sponsor for the event, and in addition to the main conference, Mobile 360 – Africa will incorporate additional programmes that highlight the initiatives and activities undertaken by the GSMA Mobile for Development programme, as well workshops focusing on key policy and regulatory issues for the region. We can’t promise that we’ll be covering any of the events live, but if you’re a liker of things like we are registration is open via a dedicated GSMA Mobile Series website.