Calling on all developers out there, Huawei has something special for all you lot. You are all being invited to put your skills to the test on a global stage with the launch of the Huawei HMS App Innovation Contest, Apps UP, which officially launched on the 30th of June.
The inaugural contest will see entrants compete against other experienced developers to create innovative apps that improve and help navigate everyday life. Using the full suite of tools and resources available through HMS Core, the Apps UP contest provides a platform for developers in each of the five competition regions: Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America, and China to showcase their skills and innovation.
The winners of the contest will get the chance to have their apps promoted on Huawei AppGallery, making them accessible to hundreds of millions of device users from more than 170 countries and regions.
Prizes and wider benefits also include:
- USD$1 million in total funded by the Shining-Star Program, in cash prizes in the following categories: Best App, Best Game, Best Social Impact App, Most Popular App, Honourable Mention
- Opportunity to compete on a global stage and showcase technical ability using leading HMS Core
- Discussion with industry experts and Apps UP’s expert judging panel
- Global media promotion opportunities
- Free access to Huawei Developer events, courses and certifications
Commenting on the launch of the Huawei HMS App Innovation Contest, Apps UP, Zhang Ping’an (President of Consumer Cloud Service, Huawei Consumer Business Group) said:
“The number of talented developers in the HMS ecosystem is growing. The work that developers do is integral to so much of our daily life. Through the apps they create, they empower us to seamlessly navigate the world around us. At Huawei, we want to invite developers to join us in building a better future and turn their ideas into reality using HMS Core offered by Huawei Mobile Services.”
Find out more info about the contest including how to enter here.
More from Apps
If you're running a small business and have problems receiving payments, things are about to look up for you. The …