Board up your windows, light some sage and don’t answer the door because from now until October 31, Netflix will be your home for horror. Check out the video here for all the blood, guts and frights that’ll be available to stream on the service in the lead up to Halloween.
Just in time for the horror-day season, Netflix is proud to announce a new original series – Haunted – which will join its frighteningly good line up of original films and series, including:
- Hold the Dark (now steaming) – Netflix Film – Summoned to a remote Alaskan village to search for wolves that took a local boy, a naturalist soon finds himself caught in a harrowing mystery.
- The Haunting of Hill House (Oct. 12) – Netflix Original Series – This horror drama series is a modern reimagining of Shirley Jackson’s classic 1959 novel.
- Apostle (October 12) – Netflix Film – In this thriller, a man travels to a remote island in search of his missing sister, who was kidnapped by a murderous religious cult.
- Haunted (Oct. 19) – Netflix Original Series – Real people sit down with friends and family to share true stories of terrifying events that continue to haunt them.
- The Ritual (streaming) – Netflix Film – A group of college friends reunite for a trip to the forest, but encounter a menacing presence in the woods that’s stalking them.
- The Babysitter (Oct.14, 2017)– Netflix Film – The events of one evening take an unexpected turn for the worst for a young boy trying to spy on his babysitter.
- Veronica (streaming) – A teen girl finds herself besieged by an evil supernatural force after she played Ouija with two classmates.
- The Witch (streaming) – A family in 1630s New England is torn apart by the forces of witchcraft, black magic and possession.
- The Babysitter (streaming) – The events of one evening take an unexpected turn for the worst for a young boy trying to spy on his babysitter.
- The Shining (streaming) – A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.
- Gerald’s Game (streaming)– Netflix Film – While trying to spice up their marriage in their remote lake house, Jessie must fight to survive when her husband dies unexpectedly, leaving her handcuffed to their bed frame.
- Cargo (streaming)- Netflix Film – After an epidemic spreads all over Australia, a father searches for someone willing to protect his daughter.
- Ravenous (streaming)- Netflix Film – In a small, remote village in upstate Quebec, things have changed. Locals are not the same anymore – their bodies are breaking down and they have turned against their loved ones. A handful of survivors goes hiding into the woods, looking for others like them.
- Ghoul (streaming)- Netflix Original Series – In a totalitarian near-future India, a mysterious prisoner is sent to a remote military interrogation centre where he turns the tables on his captors by exposing their most shameful secrets and unleashing a demon from Arabic folklore.
More from Culture
New streaming service Viu earlier this week announced that it has teamed up with MTN South Africa to offer direct …