Following suit from Ford’s most recent introduction of the limited edition Ranger Fx4, Toyota has launched its much loved Toyota Hilux in special-edition “Black” guise.
Exclusive to the flagship 2.8 GD-6 double-cab range and available in a choice of three striking hues – Glacier White, Chromium Silver and Graphite Grey – this special edition comes with a host of designer touches, created to elevate the Black above its more subdued stable mates.
At a glance, this new special edition comes with the following:
- Gloss Black front grille
- Gloss Black front bumper insert
- Colour-coded over-fenders
- Colour-coded door handles
- Colour-coded mirrors
- 18” dual, tri-spoke alloy wheels
- Gloss Black roof
- Black rear styling bar
- Black tonneau cover
- Black leather interior with silver stitching
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Carbon fibre panel accents
Just as a reminder, the 2755cc GD engine offers buyers a robust 130 kW and an effortless 420Nm of torque from 1600 to 2400 rpm in six-speed manual guise – six-speed automatic transmission versions will receive a boost to 450Nm over the same rpm span.